Right of Use Agreement
For LEAVE A LEGACY™ Programs
Re: LEAVE A LEGACY™ & Sunrise Design Trademarks
The purpose of this agreement is to establish the requirements for the use of the “LEAVE A LEGACY & Sunrise Design” trademarks (hereinafter individually the “Mark” or collectively “Trademarks”) by LEAVE A LEGACY™ programs registered in Canada by CAGP-ACPDP™ (“Programs”) and sponsors of LEAVE A LEGACY™ Programs in Canada. By adhering to these requirements, the Programs and their sponsors will promote a constant image and message across North America.
This agreement expires annually on July 15th.
How to Indicate Your Agreement
Please review the terms. To indicate your agreement, please login to Update Your Profile, and under My Organization, click on the “View Profile/Edit Profile” button and under the Additional Information section, fill in the date or email us at email@example.com with the following text: (Your organization’s name) agrees to the terms of the Right of Use Agreement on (Enter the date).
The Program Partner: Your Organization agrees to the following:
1. It is understood that all rights, title and interest in and to the Trademarks are owned by the Partnership of Philanthropic Planning® (PPP®).
2. It us understood that by License Agreement PPP® has licensed the exclusive use of the Trademarks in Canada to CAGP-ACPDP™.
3. It is understood that the Trademarks can only be used in connection with Programs registered with CAGP-ACPDP™. It is the responsibility of the Programs to authorize and monitor the use of the Trademarks in accordance with this Agreement. A Program run by a single organization or multiple chapters or affiliates of a single organization cannot use the Trademarks other than in connection with the promotion of a registered Program.
Description and Use of Trademarks
1. The Trademarks are the words “LEAVE A LEGACY™”. The letters of the words are all in capital letters in New Times Roman font with the ™ symbol immediately following the word “LEGACY.” When the mark is used in text it must be capitalized and the ™ symbol used.
2. The Sunrise Design is as follows:
This Mark is a graphic sunrise. The size of the sunrise design Mark may be increased or decreased as necessary but the Mark cannot be modified in any other way including cropping. Any alteration of these standards must be approved in writing by CAGP-ACPDP™.
3. The Trademarks of the words LEAVE A LEGACY™ and the Sunrise Design as follows:
The words “LEAVE A LEGACY” are under a graphic sunrise. The words are in all capital letters in New Times Roman font with the ™ symbol immediately following the word “LEGACY.” The words must be in the same relationship to the sunrise as shown above.
The size of the “LEAVE A LEGACY™ & Sunrise Design” Mark may be increased or decreased proportionately as needed for the particular use but in no event can the Mark be modified in any other way including cropping. If the Mark is in color, the words and sunrise design must be in the same color, except that the sunrise may be yellow when the words are another color. The colors are green (PMS 342C), cranberry (PMS 215C) and yellow (PMS 130) and CAGP-ACPDP™ green (PMS 5747).
Use of the Trademarks with a geographical designation
1. A geographical designation may be added after the “LEAVE A LEGACY™” Mark provided the Mark is in all capital letters and the ™ symbol is after the word LEGACY. (For example, LEAVE A LEGACY™ Western Ontario). A geographical designation may be added to the “LEAVE A LEGACY™ & Sunrise Design” Trademark provided the geographical designation is centered under the words “LEAVE A LEGACY™” OR over the sunrise design and the ™ symbol is after the word “LEGACY.”
Use of the Trademarks by Program Affiliates and Sponsors
1. The Program Partner: Your Organization on behalf of itself and its sponsors agree to adhere to the requirements stated within this agreement to use the Trademarks. It is the responsibility of the Chair of each Program to monitor the usage of the Trademarks by their Program and sponsors and to advise CAGP-ACPDP™ National Office of any breach or anticipated breaches of this Agreement within ten (10) days of such breach or anticipated breach being brought to his/her attention.
2. The Program Partner: Your Organization on behalf of itself and its sponsors shall ensure that the use of the Trademarks is of the quality established by CAGP-ACPDP™ through its use of the Trademarks.
3. CAGP-ACPDP™ shall have the sole discretion to determine whether the Program Partner: Your Organization comply with this Right of Use Agreement and that this Program is of satisfactory quality.
4. CAGP-ACPDP™ National Office shall have the right to request from the Program samples of print and electronic materials that utilize the Trademarks, for review and approval prior to publication and production. The Chair of the Program will ensure full cooperation with CAGP-ACPDP™’s National Office.
5. This Agreement may be terminated by either PPP® or CAGP-ACPDP™ upon giving the other party ten (10) days written notice of termination.
This Agreement is part of your partnership agreement and expires on July 15th annually.